Guidelines & Important Notes:
• Drying time to reach a proper gilding tack and open time for gilding vary based on temperature and humidity. Ideal conditions for application of all products are 65 to 75 degrees Fahrenheit and 40% to 60% relative humidity. Working under different conditions will affect the performance of all products.
• All sizes and other coatings should be stirred to combine all components in order to assure consistent results. Never shake materials and do not mix too vigorously as this may cause bubbles to form, affecting the finished surface.
• Use all materials at package consistency and only thin as recommended by the manufacturer.
• All materials may be applied with brush, roller or sprayer. An airless of HVLP spray equipment is recommended. Manufacturers' coverage guidelines should be followed carefully.
• Imitation gold leaf, copper, aluminum, silver in low karat gold leaf and 100% silver leaf are highly reactive and tarnish when left exposed. They can also react to components contained in sealers. Therefore discoloration can happen even after a sealer has dried, sometimes years later.
• Since the conditions and use of all products sold beyond the control of the manufacturers and SeppLeaf Products, the user assumes all risks associated with the use and performance of products purchased.
• Experimentation on a test object using all steps involved is recommended before working on the project.
• A gilder's experience and a working knowledge of materials and procedures are the best guide when approaching a project.
• Working with new products and procedures requires thorough testing to determine compatibility and final results.